Saturday, January 2, 2016

God is Love


Our sweet little buddy Niblet

Thank you Jesus for the Comforter.  Thank you Father as well.  You are Love and you teach me to love.
 
I was lonely and you gave me a wife and a stepson.  2015 was a wonderful year for me because of that.  In October we got a sweet puppy we named Niblet.  He was a bundle of energy, love and fun.  Niblet passed away last night being only four, maybe four-and-a-half months old.  My wife, stepson and were with him when he passed on and I'm grateful to the Lord for them.   We are also grateful to the many people who have been giving us their love, support and prayers.
 
As happens in this broken sin-filled world, life had worn me down over the years.  For much of my life I became detached and emotionally cold, finding solace in alcohol and the foolish, unprofitable amusements of the world.  When I had lost all hope I turned to Jesus, whom beforehand I wasn't even sure was real or a myth.  He freed me from alcoholism and suicidal desires.  He also has softened my heart "for God is love" (1 John 4:8).  But Jesus and the Holy Spirit are Gentlemen who never force you to change, so sometimes I have let bitterness creep into my life which would always make me feel  distant from God.  I hate that feeling and fight it whenever it rears its ugly head.
 
Sometimes God uses the people in our lives to help bring about changes.  Yes, only God can change the heart but He puts the right people in our lives to help bring about that change.  For months my wife has been reminding me that yes there is too much ugliness in this world but the beauty of God's creation still shines through.  We live near an area where wild horses abound.  Beautiful mountains, before desert flora, a cat we've befriended whom we've named Granite; Granite always lets us pet him and love on him.  Wonderful blessings.  We've seen wild otters in the local river and bald eagles flying overhead.  God is love!!!
 
Make no mistake.  I am heartbroken over my little Niblet.  But because God has affected a change in me I will not focus on anger or the pain of our loss, but on the gain Niblet added to our lives.  
 
Thank You Jesus for dying the death I deserve because You love me.  Thank You Holy Spirit for dwelling within me, teaching me to love my wife as Christ loved the church... and teaching me to love the Truth.  And who is the Truth?  Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  And thank You Father for rejoicing over me and giving the opportunity to gain eternal life and peace with You in Your Kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment